Role: Creative Communications Manager, Jan 2014- Oct 2016
Company: Illumina, the world leader (26 billion) in genetic sequencing
Varied audiences depending on the initiative: Clinical, Labs (B2B), Scientists, Academics, General Public (B2C), Investors, Employees and Potential Employees
Categories spanned: Oncology, Women’s Health, Research, Forensics, Agriculture
Lydia is an exceptional creative with a go-getter mindset and a commitment to innovation. She’s dynamic, insightful and hard-working. Really amazing professional!
Karen Possemato, VP Marketing & Communications, Illumina, Inc.
Developed multiple integrated campaigns and contributed to the success of dozens of product launches and >40 events per year
Exceeded brand awareness goals by 106% with Illumina’s first corporate campaign (print, digital and video).
Click thumbnails to view pdfs.
Liaised with C-suite executives, key stakeholders and cross-functional leaders, conducted interviews and scripted award-winning corporate vision video (Silver ADDY)
It is always a pleasure to work with Lydia on Illumina videos, but none more so than the Vision video. Lydia’s collaboration on the script, VO recording sessions and the editing review process was a big reason why the Vision video feels so impactful and authentic. The icing on the cake is the many awards this video has won, including a national Addy award. Well done – a lasting legacy of a great collaboration!
-Barbara Bovee, Sr. Project Manager, Emota
Note: In the 3 ads above, headline and testimonial concept credit go to LehmanMillet.
Technology close-ups / Educational
Pattern Flow Cell Technology
Neo Prep Teaser
In case you’re wondering what else I was up to at Illumina:
- Established full service, in-house agency with complete campaign development capabilities
- Realized cost savings of ~500k per year by reducing reliance on external vendors
- Collaborated with global and regional sales leaders to optimize lead gen and exceed sales goals
- Achieved unprecedented email open, click-through, and conversion rates on email campaigns
- Devised a strategic trade show messaging strategy, winning executive approval
- Retained, managed and mentored creative team, including internal copy writers, external proof readers and identified and selected external creative resources
- Strategically coordinated content delivery, streamlined processes and enhanced the customer experience